The chamber thanks its board of directors, members, and those who supported the chamber’s 2020 scholarship golf tournament for sharing that same belief.
Due to the incredible supporters of the annual scholarship golf tournament, 12 lucky students will receive a one-time award of $1,000 to help defray the cost of their education. This opportunity will be granted evenly to six recently graduated high school students and six post-secondary students in Saipan who display academic excellence, extracurricular success, leadership force, and volunteerism within our community.
In an effort to meet the needs of island workforce and the promotion of our community, preferential considerations will be made for whom meet the following criteria:
- Students pursuing careers with the goal of solving problems related to Saipan.
- Students attending local institutions of higher education; Northern Marianas College and Northern Marianas Trades Institute.
- Students interested in working within specific industries where U.S. qualified workers are needed. The specific industries have been identified based on the CNMI Department of Labor’s 2020 data surrounding job vacancies. The full list of industry priorities can be found at www.saipanchamber.com/scholarship-program
The scholarship program is open to eligible students that are (a) 2020 high school graduates, ongoing college students (NMC), and ongoing vocational education students (NMTI). SCC recognizes the delay of the scholarship program and some students are on their first semester in college in off-island institutions, therefore are encouraged to submit their application should they meet the requirements for 2020 High School Students.
- Official SCC Scholarship Packets outlining eligibility requirements for all student levels will be available at on the scholarship webpage at www.saipanchamber.com/scholarship-program.
- No hard copies will be made available.
- Submission of applications: In an effort to stop the spread, SCC will accept all applications through their online portal at www.saipanchamber.com/scholarship-program
To be eligible for consideration, applicants must complete the application in its entirety and submitted on or before 8 am on Thursday, October 1, 2020. For more information about the 2020 Scholarship Program, call 234- 7150 or email firstname.lastname@example.org