(Press Release) — CNMI residents are invited to express their interest in serving as a board member for the Northern Marianas Humanities Council.
The council is a non-profit, private corporation affiliated with the National Endowment for the Humanities whose mission is to navigate and explore the human experiences of the indigenous and diverse peoples of the Commonwealth by enriching their lives through research, dialogue, programs, and publications.
The council’s board is comprised of 13 volunteer members who serve three-year terms. The council strives to maintain a board that reflects a broad cross section of our CNMI community. The ideal candidate will have a strong desire to promote the council’s mission, programs, and activities and to actively participate in fundraising activities. Board responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Attending regular council meetings four times annually;
• Raising funds for council programs;
• Recruiting community partners;
• Promoting awareness about the council’s mission and its programs in the community;
• Attending council programs and activities;
• Participating in working committee meetings;
• Evaluating council programs and activities;
• Reviewing grant applications;
• Providing input about the humanities from various community members, and
• Attending conferences, workshops and other meetings on behalf of the council.
Applicants are invited to submit their letters of interest and resumes to Theresa Arriola, chair, Northern Marianas Humanities Council at Post Office Box 506437 Saipan, MP 96950, delivered to the council’s office located in the Springs Plaza Building in Gualo Rai, Saipan, or via email to: email@example.com
Complete submissions must be received by council staff on or before 4 p.m. on Monday, March 22, 2021.
For additional information, contact the council’s executive director, Leo Pangelinan, at telephone 235-4785 or visit the council’s website at www.nmhcouncil.org