She told police that Santos wanted to have sex, but she did not want to. She said she told him to stop touching her.

When she was about to shout for help, she said, they both ended up on the ground, and that was when Santos used his left had to squeeze her neck — not too hard, but she had a hard time breathing.

She said while he was choking her, Santos slapped her face with his right open palm four times.

She said she managed to get up, but Santos grabbed her back to the ground and this time used one of his hands and placed it over her nose and mouth, causing her to struggle for air.

She said she was about to black out when Santos let go and that was when she started vomiting.

She told police that she kept asking Santos to leave her alone, but he did not leave her until his mother came in the room.

Responding police reported that the victim had a dark bruise on the left side of her face and lip area. Police also said she had bruises on her left arm around her bicep area and a reddish mark on her neck area as well.

On Tuesday morning, Santos appeared before Superior Court Associate Judge Wesley Bogdan who imposed a $10,000 cash bail on the defendant.

Assistant Public Defender Jean Nogues, who represented Santos, asked the court to modify the bail and to release the defendant to his grandmother as third-party custodian.

On Tuesday afternoon, Judge Kenneth L. Govendo approved and granted Santos’ request for bail modification and release to his grandmother.

Assistant Attorney General Erin Toolan, who represented the government, did not oppose the motion, and found the third-party custodian suitable.

Judge Govendo, for his part, imposed several conditions on Santos’ release, including a curfew from 6 p.m. to 6 a.m.

The judge also reminded the defendant and the third-party custodian that both could be held liable to pay the full $10,000 bail amount if the defendant violates any of the release conditions.

Santos was charged with strangulation, assault and battery, and disturbing the peace.

He is scheduled to return to court on Oct. 21 at 9 a.m. for a preliminary hearing, and on Oct. 27 at 9 a.m. for his arraignment.

comments powered by Disqus